There are many volunteering opportunities available to club members, without many of the roles the club would not be able to function. These opportunities include:
- The RPAC Committee
- Volunteering at the various club races
- Volunteering at external races
- Officiating at athletics matches (both junior & senior)
A calendar giving the known dates of volunteering opportunities is available here.
The purpose of this section of the website is to give an overview of all these opportunities, to publish the formal role descriptions (where these are available) and to provide short "member testimonials" for the roles written by people who have regularly undertaken them. The various descriptions also include the benefits received by both the club and the individual volunteers where appropriate.
Some roles do require a significant time commitment, but others simply require you to turn up on the day of (for example) a race or an athletics match. Support is always available to those new to a role, and above all, they can be extremely enjoyable!
There are a number of other incentives given for those that volunteer for the club:
- A draw for the Club London Marathon places (currently 2 each year), for those who have been rejected in the ballot
- A draw for the Club London Marathon volunteering place, available only to those that have volunteered at the previous London Marathon
- A financial (typically a sports shop token) reward for those who have regularly volunteered throughout the year, to be determined by (another) draw. Exact details to be confirmed
Look out for e-mail announcements giving how to apply and the exact requirements for each of these.