CHAIR (One of the 4 Club Officers)
- Chair Committee and General Meetings so that everybody has a chance to present their views.
- Represent the organization at local, regional and national levels
- Well informed about the activities of the club and its current financial position
- Able to chair committee meetings and manage the general meetings so that everybody has a chance to express their views.
- Well prepared and well informed about the agenda of the meeting and the items to be covered able to keep a debate focused, avoiding any deviations
- Able to ensure that planning and budgeting for the future are carried out in accordance with the wishes of the members
- Unbiased, impartial and, if personally involved in a matter, prepared to give up the chair during that particular discussion
- A good listener, who is able to summarise the main points of a discussion
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely to avoid confusion
- Conversant with the constitution, policies and processes of the club, and with recommended procedure for the conduct of meetings
- Diplomatic, helpful and able to get the best out of the other committee members
- Able to maintain the harmony of the group, even when there is disagreement about the proposed course of action
Between 5-7 hours per month, but this may vary, depending on specific events such as the AGM.