To all members, parents & guardians,
Following the recent change to COVID-19 restrictions, I am pleased that the advice from both Sport England and England Athletics is that we are able to continue to run club training sessions with more than 6 attendees per session, as long as we continue to operate in a COVID secure environment.
It is going to be very obvious that our training sessions are operating as an exemption to the new rules, and may therefore result in us being challenged. It is therefore essential that we all obey all the rules relating to a COVID secure environment, namely:
- All activity must comply with Government guidance around social distancing before, during and after activity.
- We must capture pre-activity health questionnaires which can be shared upon request with the government’s Track and Trace initiative
- Any member or participant who has attended a session and subsequently tested positive for COVID must complete the UKA COVID-19 tracking form
- We must ensure everyone at the session maintains good hygiene and that provisions are in place to allow for this
- A coach can have no more than 12 athletes in a session
I would therefore ask that everybody adheres to all these requirements, in order that we can continue to have coached sessions in the current format.